Sunday, January 18, 2009

A NEW HOPE...

A NEW HOPE...no, not the line from Star Wars, but a rebirth if you will.  It is a new year and in two days we get a new President.  And Mr. Obama I wish you the best.  I am actually not caught up in the historic moment of you becoming the first African American President.  I realize the significance and importance but I just need you to get to work fast, so you can start to fix all the problems WE THE PEOPLE are facing.  But I thought, with the ringing in of a new era, I would start a new blog to help with the nurturing of this new era. 

So here is a run down of the kinds of posts that will be in ARTMARTYRS:     
  • There will be JOURNAL type posts about my life, job, friends, family, politics, musings and babblings, etc.  
  • But also this blog will contain an ARTISTIC CREATION OF THE WEEK.  These will be short films, short stories, photography and many varied art projects by me and my personal friends.
  • MOST AMAZING THING I RECENTLY EXPERIENCED posts, well the title says it all!
  • Another weekly post will be CINEMA PICK OF THE WEEK, where I talk a little why a certain film is worth seeing.  Most of the cinema picks will be gems from the past and not current films in release.
  • Also there will be my RANT OF THE WEEK.  Most of the time they will probably be tongue and cheek.  
  • And lastly there will be the POP TIDBIT OF THE WEEK.  This will encompass the  whole range of humanity or man's inhumanity towards man.
Let the creativity begin!

P.S. Mr. Obama, probably on Tuesday I will be caught up in the hoopla.  But Wednesday, Mr. President, lets get some shit done!


1 comment:

  1. Rob!
    This seems like such an exciting blog.
    Great writing; I look forward to reading more, especially your "Artistic Creation of the Week" posts.
    I've linked you in my blog to help generate some(albeit scarce) traffic.

    Cheers to a good start,
    Joe (516)

    ReplyDelete